Welcome from the Department Head
The department of biological and agricultural engineering at K-State strives for excellence in preparing the next generation to address future global challenges and sustainability. Excellence within the department comes through a unified commitment to surpass minimum standards in academics, research, educational outreach and other endeavors in life. BAE is unique – we are small enough to genuinely care but big enough to make a positive lifelong difference.
Our goals are to prepare young people to successfully -
- Enter the workforce with a biological systems engineering or agricultural technology management degree and make a difference.
- Acquire engineering and technology skills necessary to address present and future issues.
- Develop critical thinking and assessment skills.
Our commitment is to -
- Assist the next generation in fulfilling their personal goals beyond a college diploma.
- Create a learning environment where excellence is encouraged and promoted.
- Equip the next generation with the skills necessary to meet the demands of an increasing global population.