SSURGO-SWAT Processing Utility
IMPORTANT! The tool is not supported any longer due to incompatibility with ArcGIS 10.x and availability of the SSURGO utility embedded in ArcSWAT 2012.
SWATioTools is a set of utilities to assist with pre- and post-processing of data in Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT). Core components of the set include SSURGO-SWAT soil processing utility, conversion of NexRad precipitation data, and calibration tools, among others. SWATioTools is written in Visual Basic with ArcObjects and presented in a user friendly graphical interface as an extension to ArcGIS. Most of the components are currently under development and will be available for test and download very soon.
The SSURGO-SWAT Soil Processing tool is the very first component developed within the SWATioTools extension, and it is currently available for download. Having said that, the tool is still in beta stage and may contain bugs in the code. Download and use the tool at your own risk.
What does the SSURGO-SWAT component do?
The SSURGO-SWAT component performs the following actions:
- It reads the SSURGO tabular and spatial files downloaded from SoilDataMart for multiple counties
- Prepares user soils dBase data file and appends it to the 'usersoil' table
- Creates a soil lookup table
- Exports spatial files into a single shapefile and/or a raster dataset
- User guide (kindly updated by Dr. Carol Kraemer, Thanks!!!)
- Presentation at the 5th SWAT Conference
- Paper presented at the 5th SWAT Conference
- ArcGIS 9.x
- Microsoft Office is required to be installed (The 64-bit version not supported!)
- 32-bit/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7)
See this page for additional details.
|SWATioTools.exe||499,522 bytes||0.9.4||05 Apr 2010|
|SWATioTools.zip||270,975 bytes||0.9.3||28 Aug 2009|
- Sheshukov, A.Y., P. Daggupati, K.R. Douglas-Mankin, and M.-C. Lee. (2011) High Spatial Resolution Soil Data for Watershed Modeling: 1. Development of a SSURGO-ArcSWAT Utility. Journal of Natural and Environmental Sciences 2(2), 15-24.
- Sheshukov, A.Y., P. Daggupati, and K.R. Douglas-Mankin. (2011) High Spatial Resolution Soil Data for Watershed Modeling: 2. Assessing Impacts on Watershed Hydrologic Response. Journal of Natural and Environmental Sciences 2(2), 32-41.
- Sheshukov, A.Y., P. Daggupati, M.-C. Lee, and K. Douglas-Mankin (2009) ArcMap Tool for Pre-processing SSURGO Soil Database for ArcSWAT, Proceedings of the 5th International SWAT Conference, Boulder, CO, Aug 5-7, 2009, 8 p .