Welcome to the Watershed Modeling Lab in the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering at Kansas State University.
The Watershed Modeling Lab is very active in using watershed models to solve real-life problems. The Lab currently is working on a range of modeling projects:
- impacts of climate change and variability,
- impacts of bioenergy-related land-use shifts,
- development of watershed resestoration and protection strategy (WRAPS) plans,
- ephemeral gully modeling,
- incorporation of concentrated-flow sediment (ephemeral gully, stream bank, and legacy stream bed) sources in watershed modeling,
- use of NEXRAD radar precipitation estimates in watershed modeling,
- use of watershed modeling to assess ecosystem services, and
- water quality trading.