Kansas Hazardous Occupation Training Resources for Instructors
- NFU Safety on the Farm -- Ten videos covering farm safety topics -- all are 5 minutes or less in length
- The Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety - from Kubota Tractor USA
- Agricultural Safety and Health Mobile Apps
Suggested Supplemental Material: National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation | Gearing Up | National Ag Safety Database |
KS Farm Bureau Safety, Security and Ag Ed |Dept. of Labor Certificate of Training (pdf)
Suggested texts for H.O.T.
These materials meet all requirements of the Hazardous Occupations Order for Agriculture and are available for purchase from K-State Research and Extension Distribution.
- Safe Operation of Agricultural Equipment, Hobar Publications, available from K-State Extension, publication S67
- Hazardous Occupations Safety Training for Agriculture (HOSTA) Task Sheets, available from K-State Extension, publication MF2671
- Hazardous Occupations Safety Training for Agriculture (HOSTA) Task Sheets/National Safe Tractor and Machinery Operation Program Updated Second Edition (2013), available from The Finney Company ($23.50 each, $18.80 for 10 or more)
- H.O.T. Kansas Supplement to Student Manual, available from K-State Extension, publication S67A
Farm Safety Jeopardy Game
The Farm Safety Jeopardy Game can be used with Hazardous Occupation Training. It is a Power Point file. The Jeopardy Supplemental Material link provides the game's solutions. The slide show is fully automated so all you have to do is begin the slide show and click on the category amount selected by students. The game also includes realistic sounds for use with computers with speakers.
Resources for youth employed in agriculture and tractor/machinery safety instructors (Pennsylvania State University)
Interactive, computer-based tractor safety curriculum (Purdue University)
Comprehensive collection of farm safety materials (including online videos and printable documents) from across the United States and Canada. Most material has been developed by land grant universities.
Provides access to Kansas Farm Bureau safety programs and county Farm Bureau resources.
|Slide Shows||Tractor Safety Slide Show|
|Machinery Safety Slide Show|