Summary of Progress
The Executive Committee met at the beginning of the 2017 school year for a planning/visioning session. We reflected on the previous branch activity and chose 2 goals to specifically focus on:
- Continue the level of excellence in Design Competitions
- Improve upon the traditions set at Open House including the Pancake Feed
1. Design Teams Success
The Kansas State University Design Teams competed throughout the 2015-2016 year and has accomplished the following:
- 1/4 Scale Tractor Design Team - 2nd Place
- Robotics Student Design Competition - 1st Place
- Fountain Wars Design Team Competition - 3rd Place
Overall, these met and exceeded our expectations.
2. Improvements towards Open House
- Increased revenue from Pancake Feed:
As the primary fundraiser for the branch, the annual Pancake Feed is crucial to bringing in revenue. After campaigning to increase advertising for the Pancake Feed the event raised nearly $2500, from ticket sales in 2017.
- Our Department also did very well with the Student Displays for the Kansas State University Engineering Open House 2017 competition and received the following awards:
- 1st Place Graduate Display: Austin Schmitz
- 1st Place Innovation Display: Kaley Brundgardt and Kendra Schuette
- 2nd Place Technical Display: Evan Morrical
- 2nd Place Overall Department
Financial statement of branch indicates its activity which is in the form of a standard "Profit and Loss" statement.